I never really enjoyed eating bell peppers. When ever the vegetable trays came out at parties with the dip, I always skipped the peppers. I remember as a child I would CRINGE when my classmates would have peppers for sanck and eat them plain… not even with a little dip?? It wasn’t until I started cooking for my husband that I started appreciating bell peppers.
To be fair, we mostly had green peppers growing up and those gave met the WORST heartburn. For some reason, I can enjoyed red, yellow and orange peppers with ease.
🧠Fun fact! Green peppers are unripened, and the colours of the bell peppers tell you at which stage of ripeness they are.
Ok, back to these stuffed peppers. Stuffed pepper recipes never turned out tasting as good as they looked for me. The prep process was too much and I found it needed a LOT of cheese to taste good. I’m trying to cut back on dairy so that’s not appealing for me.
Finding quick easy meals are IDEAL for me as a full-time RN and mom with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I had an epiphany one day while walking through the famers market! I found the cutest peppers. Pimento pepper is what they are called and they were super inexpensive.
For $3.50 I was able to purchase a small basket of sweet pimento peppers with approximately 8 peppers. What I love about them is they are the PERFECT size to stuff.
Next, I purchased fresh turkey burgers from the grocery store. I opted for the ones flavoured with spinach and cranberries. Some spinach, marinara sauce and cheese completed the list and I was good to go.
This is the EASIEST wasy to make stuffed peppers that the whole family will enjoy prepping AND eating. PROMISE! 🥰
EASY Stuffed Peppers
- Baking dish
- Marinara Sauce Classico Sweet Basil
- Fresh Turkey burger From grocery store fresh packaged meat
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Sweet peppers Prefer small peppers like pimento peppers
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Wash 4-6 medium/small sweet peppers. Cut out stem and remove seeds. Wash inside of peppers thoroughly.
- Add one tablespoon of sauce to the bottom of each pepper. Stuff the pepper with the turkey meat to 0.5 inch from the top. Add spinach, another tablespoon of cause and top with cheese.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce around the peppers. Cover dish.
- Bake in 400F oven covered for 30 mins. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15mins until cheese is browned.
- Let sit for 15 mins. Enjoy!