The year is 2020, October, and we are back in quarantine. This means restaurants have once again closed down. Instead of ordering in, why not create Friday night date night at home!
Pesto and Shrimp are two items I always have in the fridge/freezer. Why you ask? The combinations are endless!!! Pesto adds flavour to EVERYTHING and shrimp is super VERSITILE! Now if you are NOT a fan of basil and/or seafood, this may not be the recipe for you. However, you can always sub with BBQ sauce and shredded chicken, or whatever you have left over in the fridge.
If you are having a larger gathering, or have a big family, you can use a large rectangular flat bread. However, using the personal sized round naan breads are great to individuals your toppings and of course…portion control. 😃 They also hold up well in the freezer if you want to buy in bulk and save for a “rainy day”.
All the ingredients are easy to find in your fridge, or in the fresh aisles of the grocery store. A quick run in before picking up the kids (I’m guilty of this) when you don’t have any leftovers or time to prep a full dinner.
This pizza is easy, tasty and restaurant quality! Pour a glass of wine, or peardrax 😁 and enjoy!!
Pesto Shrimp Pizza
- sheet pan
- 1 pkg Naan Bread
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 jar Classico Pesto Sauce
- 1 pkg Frozen Raw Shrimp
- 1 cup Sliced Bell Peppers
- ¼ Sweet or Red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped spinach
- 1 Thinly sliced Tomato
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- pinch salt optional/to taste
- Thaw, wash, shell and devein shrimp. Add 2 tbsp of pesto sauce and a pinch of salt. Mix well and set aside to marinate.
- In a medium sauce pan, add oil, and heat to high. Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes either side or until pink and shaped like a "c". Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium-high. Add onions and peppers to same pan. Sautee until slightly soft 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat oven to 400F
- To begin assembling pizzas, lay Naan bread on oven sheet pan. Spread 1-2 tbsp of pesto sauce evenly all the way to the edges.
- Sprinkle approx 1 tbsp of cheese evenly and sparingly.
- Layers ingredients. Tomatoes, onions & peppers, shrimp, spinach. Add more cheese on top to your liking.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until edges are browned and cheese is melted.