I don’t remember who taught me about Coca-cola ribs, but for as long as I can remember, this has been the easiest way to get sweet, tender, fall off the bone pork ribs.
I’m not a huge fan of pork, and neither is my husband. My son is super picky, and my daughter loves any protein we’ve given her so far. These ribs were for our lovely extended family members to enjoy!
Friday nights are usually no cook nights, but this recipe is basically put it in the oven and forget about it. The most important part is the prep for the marinade.
The absolute BEST ribs I EVER had were definitely from the deep deep south. Dallas, Texas Stockyards won my heart with their BBQ and meat. I’m already salivating just thinkin about it.
I’m definitely a sucker for anything BBQ. Where I live in Canada, BBQ season is very short. However, growing up at my parents house (and whenever we go back to visit), lighting up the “barbie” is ALWAYS a good idea.
Anyhow, while I go ahead and reminisce, enjoy this tasty, easy, fool proof recipe for fall off the bone coca-cola ribs.
Tender Coca-Cola Pork Ribs
- baking pan
- roaster pan
- 1 Rack of ribs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic smashed
- 500 ml Coca-cola
- ½ sprig Rosemary
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- Remove thin membrane from the back of ribs then rinse ribs thoroughly with water and vinegar. Pat dry and place in a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, rosemary and smashed cloves. Massage into meat.
- Pour Coca-cola over ribs. Cover or transfer to a ziplock bag and refrigerate over night or for 24hrs.
- Place ribs in deep oven pan or roaster. Sprinkle your favorite dry rub or BBQ seasoning on both sides.
- Pour ½ of the liquid marinade into the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil tightly.
- Bake at 375 for 40 min. Then turn ribs over and bake for another 30 min covered.
- Turn up the oven to 400F. Add your favourite BBQ sauce and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.