Turkey wings!! Either you love them or you…don’t know what you are missing 😂
Turkey seems to be reserved for holidays only and I have no idea why. I mean, the excitement people have for eating mounds of left over turkey days after the holidays tells me that how enjoyable it is. However, I can’t always find turkey wings, ground turkey or turkey breast in the meat section of my local grocery store.
I went on a hunt to satisfy my craving for turkey wings. Two stores later…SUCCESS. I found my wings in all their gloriousness. Other than being super delicious, turkey wings are rather inexpensive. Another great reason to include them on the grocery list.
I am a fan of sweet and spicy, so naturally I went that route for my wings. The skin of the turkey wings are super thick so it’s important to render the skin as much as possible. The meat is also much tougher and needs a good amount of cook time.
An easy way to ensure the skin gets rendered and crispy is to add a little baking powder before baking. It seems like an odd combination but makes a huge difference. So don’t skip that step in the recipe.
Try it out and let me know!!
Honey Jerk Turkey Wings
- food processor
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 pimento seeds
- 1 sprig green onion
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Honey Jerk Wings
- 4 Turkey wings
- 2 tbsp Grace Jerk Seasoning
- ½ tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Add all ingredients for the green seasoning into a food processor, or blender and blend until it turns into a paste. Set aside.
- Wash Turkey wings in water and vinegar and remove any debris. Pat dry and set in bowl.
- Add tbsp of oil and 1 tsp of baking powder to the wings and massage until evenly coated.
- Add ¼ cup of green seasoning to the wings. Store the remainder in to fridge in an air tight container (jar is best) up until 1 week.
- Add Jerk seasoning and salt. Massage wings until completely coated.
- Cover and cook in 400F oven for 40 min, turning wings half way through. Remove cover and bake for another 10.
- Mix honey and butter in a small dish and heat until melted in microwave or small pot.
- Pour honey mixture over wings and ENJOY!!!