Confession. I’ve made lasagna rolls before and they were an epic FAIL! They wouldn’t stay rolled up. I must of overstuffed them with meat or something, I don’t know.😂
But THESE! These were very cooperative rolls that came out beautiful! I’m always looking for options for meatless meals to incorporate into my weekly meals. This recipe can also be altered from vegetarian to vegan by simply switching up the brands.
I enjoy sharing meals that have few ingredients because it makes them so much more approachable.
If you’re like me and enjoy a little spice in your life, feel free to add a few dried pepper flakes to spice it up.
If you try this recipe, feel free to tag us on Instagram @thenewnesslifestyle or hashtag #thenewnesslifestyle to share your experience.
Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna Rolls
- roasting pan
- oven dish
- 3 cups Butternut squash cubed
- 6-8 Lasagna noodles
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Baby spinach
- ¼ Onion
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In roasting pan, arrange butternut squash, diced onion and whole garlic cloves. Sprinkle salt, Italian seasoning, cinnamon and oil over vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook lasagna noodles in boiling water and salt until al dente. Leave aside to cool.
- Once the vegetables are roasted and soft, add to mixing bowl and mash together.
- Add spinach to hot mixture and combine.
- Taste, add additional salt if needed. (pepper flakes are optional here)
Assembling Lasagna Rolls
- Taking one noodle at time and lay flat on board. Spoon 1 tbsp of alfredo sauce across noodle. Add 1 tbsp of cheese the length of noodle. Add ¼ cup of vegetable mixture to one end of noodle. Roll noodle and place in baking dish.
- Repeat process for the remainder of noodles.
- Pour remainder of Alfredo on top of noodles. Add remainder of cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes of until the cheese begins to brown.